Our online event promotions will take your event submission and syndicate it across multiple listing sites. By posting an event to dozens of sites, we increase reach of the event by posting to any local media sites using our calendar software. Additionally, we increase the likelihood of your event title appearing in search results so online consumers can find your options to get tickets or register for your event.
How it Works
When you post an event to our system you have the option to upgrade the event to "Premium" at a cost. When you purchase an upgrade or apply a premium credit, we will syndicate your event. This is done in two ways: location and category.
First, the location you entered for your event is checked against our network of event sites. If your location falls in the area set by a site for accepting events then we will instantly send that event to that site in our network. These sites are the "Local" sites that you can view in your event report.
Next, our system will look at the category selected for your event and we will send your event to the national and global sites that post events related to that category. These sites typically require a manual submission so it can take up to 5+ days for these posts to populate on these sites. Since roughly half of all syndication we do is via manual submission, we recommend posting your event at least 4-6 weeks before the event date to allow for these submissions to be processed in time for your event to be noticed.
Pricing and Bulk Packages
Every event has the option to be upgraded to a premium event with a promotion credit. You can purchase one single credit for each event, or purchase in bulk to get instant savings. Pricing is based on category and the traffic on your home site. More info about pricing is here: Pricing - Small, Medium & Large Markets
Event Reporting for Syndicated Events
Here is a step by step breakdown of your event report, how it works and what you can expect to see. Once you are viewing your report you will see that it is made up of a number of sections. We have put together a simple guide for you to fully understand your report. Firstly let's start with what it looks like.
- Total number of sites - This represents the total number of sites that the event has been submitted to, this number is totally dependent on the category, location and the level of targeting required for the event.
- Total number of sites live - This represents the number of actual live links we have been issued by the sites publishing the event. We believe all event sites should supply back a live link and we work very hard to educate publishers on the importance of supplying live links of the events we supply.
- Total number of sites submitted - The site has not supplied a live link either because they have editorial controls or do not have the technical ability to supply a live link per event submitted. We also mark data submitted where we have supplied data to events data licensing companies who feed out events information to larger print an online publishers.
- Total Unique Audience Site Reach - We work with event publishers to understand the consumer audience and specifically the site unique user volume that use the site, where the site declares the total monthly site uniques we include in the event report.
- Total Local Uniques - We take a view that because your event is local, we should give you a better feel of the number of local event consumers that will potentially see your event - this figure is estimated and based on roughly 1% of the total declared site traffic.
- Mobile Apps - Where a publisher has a mobile app and your event will be published and seen via mobile event consumers we track and give you total mobile coverage by the number of unique mobile apps.
- Natural Search - Event search on all 5 major search engines - We know how powerful it is to broadcast and publish an event on to a large network of event sites and we wanted to give you a way to see your event indexing. Here you can click and search your event on all 5 major search engines including Google. Additionally, you can select from which country you want the see your event search results.
- Statistics - The amount of clicks generated on a certain time period.
- Top referring domains - On the right side of the image below, you will see a pie chart showing you the percentage of clicks from different domains.
- Site Name - We list all the sites we have submitted your event to.
- Location - We list the location that the site serves ranging from global, national to local.
- Site Reach (Estimated bases on site reach) - This is the total monthly unique user figures as declared by the site or Alexa.
- Local Reach - This is an estimated figure to represent the local reach based on the sites total reach.
- Mobile App - If the site has a Mobile App.
- Status - Submitted to the site / Live link to the site.
We publish all our events based on a defined strategy around targeted, global, national, local and social reach and engagement.
Social Connect Buttons
Some sites we publish to are personal to you so we have built technical relationships to these sites to enable you to click and submit your event with ease. You can connect your social connect buttons for the publisher Eventful via your Publisher Breakdown on your report (shown above). Just click to connect!
When we secure a live link for your event, we add three social share icons for Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, here you can click and share your event with your community.
We have strategically pre-filled the social post for you where allowed, so if you start with Twitter and copy the text, you can paste it in for LinkedIn and Facebook. Including the publishers social @ID also includes a them which means it's more likely they will see it and repost your event to their larger community.
Here are some examples of what it looks like.
- We send you a report within 24 hours of submission/approval
- We send a revised report after 72 hours
- We submit a report to you with updates all the way up to your event date.
- We also send you event education, tips and event marketing insights to help you with your event.
If you require further help with understanding how your report works then please get in touch with our Team!