We are working with newspapers across the US to automate event submissions from online to their local weekly newspapers using a technology process called 'Reverse Publishing to Print'.
When Reverse Publishing to Print is enabled for a calendar site, our system will automatically produce a full color print page of upcoming events from your calendar. You can see examples of some common templates in this article: Print Calendar Examples.
Already signed up? Get started here:
Configure and Deliver Automated Evvnt Print Calendars
We are bundling this service with our premium offering across selected newspapers so users can, from a single submission, be listed, syndicated, featured and now in the local newspaper in a print events calendar the week of your event.
Here’s how it works:
Event Submission: Event marketers submit their events to your online calendar.
Data Sources: Events can also be sourced from platforms like Ticketmaster and Eventbrite.
Easy CMS: Use our calendar content management system (CMS) to curate your digital calendar which will then be automatically turned into a revenue-generating print page(s) for your publication.
- Automated Delivery: Events will be selected for a "best fit" to automatically create a print-ready PDF. Random inclusion in print is free for event creators that have posted to your digital calendar.
- Required Events: You can mark items as an “editor’s pick” or “featured” event. Featured events will show an image and both featured and editor's pick events will be required to be included in the automated print page.
- Promote Your Calendar: Use print page ad artwork to cross-promote your online event calendar.
See more features below
More information in this section of our help center
Some key features:
- Send finalized pages to multiple emails
- Set a print deadline lead time by hour
- Calendar automatically generated weekly, fortnightly, or monthly
- Specify the number of dates to include
- Select from a template or request a custom template (one-time fee)
- Custom logo, advertising and promo images
- Select from 1-4 pages
- Customized page width, depth, and margins by inches, millimeter, or points
- Include QR codes for featured events to link to event details online
- View future and all past editions generated
- Manually create pages to work with new artwork or event data
- Edit event information before or after automated delivery
- Automatically inherits event status from online calendar (featured, picks, etc.)
- Custom featured, editor's picks, and editor's voice options for all events