Below are the steps to set up moderation for your calendar. A few things to remember before you set up moderation:
- You can review the events within the timeframe you select.
- When moderation is set, all submitted events will only become live after the moderation delay.
- Moderation must be set on a calendar-by-calendar basis.
- We have filters to keep out inappropriate content.
- You can always reject and moderate live events, but if you prefer to review every event prior to going live then you can follow these steps below.
Step one: Login to your account. Choose the calendar where you want to set up moderation. *If you only have one calendar it will show upon login.
Step Two: On the Editor CMS toolbar, choose Publishing
Step three: Click Edit Publishing Settings at the bottom of the page
Step four: Set the time you wish to delay events from posting to allow you to moderate events.
Step five: Scroll down to Update Publishing Settings section to save your change.
DONE! Moderation is now updated for your calendar.
We understand the tension between users who expect their events to post immediately and editors who wish to control the quality of the content posted on their calendars. We are working to include an "Approve" option so events can be pushed out without having to wait for the moderation time to elapse. In the meantime, please consider user expectations when deciding how long you delay event posts for moderation.
Where are events that are in moderation?
In the Editor CMS, you can view "Events" and filter to see events "In Moderation". See the image below.